There are a variety of ways to import songs into your OnSong library. Choose one from the following options available:
This section gives you the ability to create songs inside of OnSong, or to add existing songs into a book.
- New Song opens the Song Editor with a template song loaded. Write your song and tap on the Done button to add a newly written song to your library.
- Existing Songs opens the Pick Songs menu to allow you to select songs to add to the selected book.
Most songs you add to your OnSong library are done through an import process. From this section, you can browse services such as:
- 1CN Rockin' With The Cross provides subscription access to its entire catalog of thousands of text-based, worship chord charts that are formatted for OnSong for a low monthly rate.
- Dropbox is a popular cloud-based storage service that works great for importing documents from your computer.
- Internet is a source of chord charts for many musicians. OnSong can search a website for available chord charts.
- iTunes File Sharing allows you to import files from your computer using a USB cable and iTunes software.
- Planning Center is a popular church management service that lets you organize music for your team.
- SongSelect is a service from CCLI that provides PDF-based chord charts and text-based lyrics.
- Storage Provider allows you to import files from storage services that support the iOS 8 storage provider extension.
- WorshipReady.com handcrafts worship chord charts in the OnSong file format. These are available through various subscription tiers depending on the number of chord charts you need each month.
- Other lets you import from other remote sources using standard communication protocols.
You can also add other import sources that are not in this list by entering Editing Mode and then adding import sources. You can add the following:
- ChordVault promises to revolutionize the way music is licensed from publishers.
- LTC Asaph is a provider of worship chord charts for French-speaking congregations.
You can synchronize your OnSong library with an online service to allow you to keep your music in sync with all your devices.
- Dropbox synchronizes your OnSong library to a synchronization folder stored in Dropbox.
- Other synchronizes your OnSong library to a synchronization folder stored on a remote server.
While we agree that it's strange to have export features inside of an add songs screen, these are included as a way to export the contents of books. For instance, if you select a book, tapping on one of these options will automatically select all the songs in that book and open the Export or Email screens from the Share Menu.