OnSong 1.999 was released on October 18, 2015. This release contains the following corrections, changes and new features:
Spotify Integration lets you link streamed audio tracks to songs in your library.
Browse your music or search for tracks all within OnSong. (iOS 7 or higher only)
Automatic Backup now lets you configure where to backup your library and how often if gets backed up.
You can also name the backup file differently. Found in the Utilities menu » Backup.
- Organizer Menu lets you mark the current song icons, place in sets and quickly add to books.
- Improved Sliders are not made available in many menus to make selecting styles and keys faster. Slide from anywhere and tap on the left or right side of the control to adjust.
- Bluetooth MIDI is now supported. Pair to your Bluetooth MIDI devices and target MIDI sources you send to in the updated MIDI Sources screen. You can also configure MIDI destinations and even setup OnSong as a MIDI destination in the new MIDI Destinations screen. (Bluetooth MIDI required iOS 7 or higher)
- Quick Pick lets you quickly find songs from your library with a single tap of the menubar. Start typing find songs by title and then tap on the song to pick it as the next song in your set.
- Playback Heads-Up Display lets you toggle playback, scrub to different track position, adjust volume and pan and audio routing all from the menubar.
- Timer Heads-Up Display lets you keep track of the elapsed time, or a countdown for both songs and sets. Tap on the time to reset or toggle between modes.
- Separate Styles for Books lets you keep a different key, capo, styles, notes and more for a song in each book. Turn on this option in the Book Editor or Utilities Menu » Settings » Menu Settings » Songs » Books.
- Fixed a crash condition in iOS 9 that was caused by using the original OnCue version which triggers a low-level operating system crash when an Internet connection is not available. This has been fixed by forcing OnSong to use the new version of OnCue (iOS 7 and higher). This may be changed back to the original OnCue version by the user if necessary.
- Fixed an issue where the date picker for sets would not appear in iOS 9.
- Fixed an issue that caused action sheet text to appear white on light grey text in iOS 9.
- Fixed an issue where checkmarks disappear when navigating to a second screen and returning in iOS 8 and iOS 9.
- Fixed visual glitches when opening the on-screen keyboard one a device running iOS 9.
- Fixed an issue with the height of rows in the user manual index menu under iOS 9.
- Fixed a crash condition when turning on screen mirroring under iOS 9.
- Fixed a crash condition when attempting to add a remote song to a set using the Organizer Menu without first downloading the song first.
- Fixed a crash when toggling screen mirroring off in Settings » Live Settings » External Video
- Fixed a crash condition when converting a PDF document on an iPhone and then closing the editor screen.
Audio and MIDI
- Added the ability to disable automatic linking of audio tracks to chord charts. »
This can be changed in Settings » Live Settings » Audio Playback » Automatically Link Tracks
- Added support for enabling and disabling MIDI sources and MIDI destinations
- Fixed an issue where metronome audio may cease after the device is put to sleep for a prolonged period of time.
- Fixed an issue that would cause third-party app audio to cease when OnSong starts.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the metronome to stop playing when returning to the app.
- Added the ability to check for Console updates and notify the you with an option to update.
- Changed the songs list to display icons as set through the new Organizer Menu on the host device. »
- Changed the preview pane to respond to changes in tint color as set on the host device. »
- Fixed an issue where the Flow tag was not being respected when printing.
- Fixed an issue when transposing songs with poor formatting that causes rendering to cease.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect song is shown as being selected when the songs list is sorted differently than the host device and Follow is turned on.
- Fixed an issue where tabs are not displaying as monospaced in the preview pane.
- Fixed an issue that would cause sporadic scrolling and crashing when Follow and Lead are both enabled.
- Fixed an issue where diagrams were not aligned with margin within the preview pane.
- Fixed an issue in Console where chord diagrams were not aligning to margins.
- Added an option for the setlist progress to appear on stage monitor external screens. »
- Added the ability to adjust the volume of videos used in background media. »
- Added the ability to change the playback rate of background media videos to play in reverse. »
- Added the ability to customize the action to take when the beginning or end of slides is reached. »
This can be configured in Settings » Live Settings » External Video » Lyrics Projection » Slide Behavior
- Added an option to display the setlist progress bar on the stage monitor. »
This can be changed to Off, Bottom (default) or Top in Settings » Live Settings » External Video » Stage Monitor » Show Setlist Progress.
- Added the ability to remotely add Chromecast apps, allowing us to implement stage monitor mode in the future.
- Changed the Next/Previous Slide actions to account for partial lines as set in the Settings » Live Settings » External Video » Lyrics Projection » Maximum Lines
- Fixed an issue that would cause lyrics projection sections to be different than on-screen sections when using ChordPro comments on separate lines.
- Fixed an issue where lyrics will not appear on Chromecast in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue with background media video playback that would cause videos to play when not required.
- Fixed an issue where the song title, artist and metadata information would appear as the first slide when using maximum lines and next/previous slide actions.
Importing and Exporting
- Added the ability to export chord diagrams from the Chord Diagram Library editor. »
- Added the ability to import .onsongchords files that contain chord diagrams to be added to the OnSong Chord Diagram Library
- Added the ability to export bridge configurations in Scenes as an .onsonglights file. »
- Added the ability to import .onsonglights files that contain Scenes configuration information.
- Added the ability for OnSong to import MIDI files using email or other apps.
- Changed the way larger files are uploaded to Dropbox to upload in chunks for better performance.
- Changed the filename of backups throughout the app to use the name and timestamp settings made in the Backup screen. »
- Changed the way files are written as files to avoid unnecessary uploading of modified files. Full restoration of the synchronization functionality is scheduled for OnSong 2.0 since Dropbox changed its API which appears to have introduced some API-related bugs.
- Fixed an issue where highlighting line formatting was not removed when exporting a text file.
- Fixed an issue when uploading large files to Dropbox that can cause a timeout or slow performance.
- Fixed an issue when defining chords with the ChordPro define tag where the chords will not be added to the chord diagram library when using a chord name that does not already exist in the library.
- Fixed an issue that can cause the artist to disappear when exporting or emailing the chord chart.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Add To OnSong Safari extension to not queue songs from websites that produce an illegal filename.
- Fixed an issue where strange characters would be output via HTML export caused by improper text encoding.
- Fixed an issue with file encodings when syncing as files in French to Dropbox.
- Fixed an issue where importing an AIFF file with a .aif file extension is imported as a chord chart and not an audio file.
- Fixed an issue exporting to Dropbox when song titles contain emoji characters.
- Added the heads-up display to iPhone and iPod touch devices. »
- Added the ability to enable large buttons in the live bar when using an iPhone. »
This can be changed by going into Settings » Live Settings » Live Bar » Enable Large Buttons
- Changed the song editor on the iPhone to spread out icons on top to prevent accidental tapping of the delete button. »
- Changed the AirTurn DUO and QUAD screens to allow tapping on the module to display the handheld buttons on iPhone devices. »
- Fixed an issue when importing from the Internet on an iPhone where the "No Results" text would appear over existing search results.
- Fixed an issue where instructional text on the foot pedal configuration screen would not wrap to a second line on an iPhone screen.
- Fixed an issue when viewing the foot pedals setup screen on an iPhone by forcing the editor to be displayed full screen and in portrait orientation.
- Fixed an issue where the "No Help Topics" text was not scaling properly on wider displays like the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Fixed a crash condition when converting a PDF document on an iPhone and then closing the editor screen.
- Added the ability to see the progress of a set in the menubar. »
This can be configured in Settings » Menu Settings » Menubar » Show Setlist Progress
- Added the Reset Song action in the Action Menu that lets you "take it from the top". Configure what gets reset in Settings » Navigation Settings » Actions » Song Reset
- Added a Random Song action in the Action Menu for practicing songs in your list out of order. »
- Added the ability to configure what actions are recorded in the Timeline Editor with Recording Options
- Added the ability for beamed or imported songs (OnSong Archive format) to apply profile preferences.
This is configured in the Share menu » Connect » Profile
- Added the ability to disable section selection when tapped in the song viewer. »
This can be changed under Settings » Display Settings » Song Viewer » Tap Sections To Select
- Added the ability to disable section selection during a linear autoscroll function. »
This can be changed in Settings » Live Settings » Autoscroll » Automatically Change Sections
- Fixed an issue where sections containing just chords or ChordPro syntax would throw off section counts which effects navigating the song.
- Fixed an issue where a section may not be selected after leaving the app and returning.
- Fixed an issue when recording timeline whereby scrolling to tapped sections would be recorded causing issues if flow is changed.
- Fixed an issue when recording timeline where by sections recorded during an autoscroll procedure would select out of order when flow is changed.
- Fixed an issue in OnSong Connect which would not send protected songs when not selected outside of a set.
- Fixed an issue when autoscrolling from one device to another via OnSong Connect where changing the scroll speed would cause the connected device to stop autoscrolling and lose position.
- Fixed an issue where the song change trigger would not play a song when the song change trigger was set to audio. This was caused by the built-in music player sending non-numeric values.
- Added the ability to set a nickname for DMX fixtures using the Fixture Editor after they have been added. »
- Added an Adjust Master Dimmer action to adjust the brightness of lights in scenes. »
- Added the ability to export bridge configurations in Scenes as an .onsonglights file. »
- Changed the universe/channel display in the DMX Fixture Editor of scenes to use a one-based index. »
- Changed the scenes list to improve performance of the scene previews by caching static images of the scenes. »
- Changed the way DMX interfaces connect to be more resilient to network changes.
- Changed Scenes to allow bridges to come online if needed when OnSong is opened.
- Changed the DMX bridge screen to always sort fixtures by their offset and universe.
- Fixed an issue in Scenes that would cause channel counts of fixtures to increment when the view reappears.
- Fixed an issue in Scenes that caused similar fixtures to not be added.
- Fixed an issue in Scenes that does not connect to the Philips hue automatically when OnSong is started.
- Fixed a crash condition when opening OnSong from sleep when a DMX bridge is enabled in Scenes.
- Fixed a crash condition when editing and picking sequences caused by the table view being placed in edit mode.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a sequence in scenes may cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue with changing background colors using scenes in conjunction with foot pedals and sections.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect color of a sequence would play in Scenes when multiple bridges were enabled.
- Fixed an issue with a DMX fixture used by scenes that had an extra trait.
- Fixed an issue where scenes were not being refreshed after a library was deleted or restored.
- Fixed general crash conditions that occur when editing scenes.
- Added the ability to not detect chords within ChordPro sot/eot tags. »
You can turn off chord detection in Settings » Display Settings » Song Formatting » Monospaced » Detect Chords
- Added the ability to lowercase the split bass note component of a chord.
This can be configured in Settings » Display Settings » Song Formatting » Chords » Lowercase Split Bass
- Added an option to tint light and dark colors in the song viewer to achieve sepia tones or custom colored backgrounds or text. » This can be configured in Settings » Display Settings » Song Formatting » Tint
- Changed the section assignments (MIDI and Scenes) to link directly to named section labels and stanzas to allow for flow changes or song edits. »
- Changed the way the capoed key is determined to pick a key with the least number of sharps and flats instead of keying off the transposed key of the song.
- Changed the way transposition occurs to use a key table. This allows special notes such as E# to only be used in certain keys.
- Fixed an issue when scrolling by section using flow that caused the song to end prematurely due to incorrect section counts.
- Fixed an issue when using OnSong Connect where autoscrolling and changing scroll parameters on the host would cause the client screen to refresh and return to the top of the page.
- Fixed issues in OnCue where the client would "bounce" around when the host is autoscrolling due to section changes being heard and overriding the autoscroll process.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the clear chord highlight in the Style Preferences menu when using Low Light Mode would cause the chord font to appear as black instead.
- Fixed an issue in the song viewer that caused lines ending with a colon and a space to be detected as a section label when using chords over lyrics.
- Fixed an issue when applying styles to a set where the currently loaded set would not refresh and display changes.
- Fixed an issue where toggling favorite status on and then off again would change it's sort order in the All Songs list.
- Fixed an issue where ideographic space characters were not respected for chords over lyrics to bracketed chord conversion.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the artist of the song to disappear after editing a song.
- Fixed an issue where an E# chord could mistakenly be used when using capoed chords in dual capo mode.
- Fixed an issue where songs that have no key and are provided a key in metadata, would not update the transposed key.
- Fixed an issue when using diminished chords in the Nashville Numbering system.
- Fixed an issue when changed from major to minor keys so that the transposed key is updated.
- Fixed an issue that would cause songs to not be reported when using usage-based reporting.
- Fixed an issue where detected chords in ChordPro sot/eot tags don't appear in a monospaced font.
- Fixed an issue with comments when combined with flow.
- Fixed an issue with the drawing tool that can cause lines to appear as dots when drawing a very thin line.
- Fixed an issue where italic characters at the end of a lyrics line would be cut off.
- Fixed an issue when transposing optional chords that are surrounded by parenthesis.
- Added the ability to manipulate sticky notes with multi-touch gestures.
- Added the ability to open a note format menu by tapping and holding on the note.
- Added the ability to customize autocapitalization and autocorrection for the sticky note editor.
- Changed the trash can button on a sticky note to prompt before deleting the note.
- Changed the Cancel button in the note editor to not delete the note if blank.
- Fixed an issue where sticky notes would become misshapen and difficult to touch due to incorrect transformations.
- Added the ability to undelete certain songs in Utilities » Tools » Undelete Songs
- Added the ability to sort by the date the song was last updated. »
- Added the ability to hide the songs menu when a song or set is loaded but not hide the menubar. »
This can be enabled in Settings » Menu Settings » Songs » Automatically Hide Songs Menu
- Added the ability to prompt to restart or quit when turning off screen mirroring mode. »
(iOS 7 and earlier since newer versions of iOS will switch automatically)
- Added an option to turn accented character sorting/collating on and off if there is a performance problem. »
This can be done in Settings » Menu Settings » Songs » International » Collate Accented Characters
- Added the ability to toggle low light mode from within the Style Preferences Menu. Use the toggle switch to the right of linespacing. »
- Added the ability to access Song Formatting Settings from the style preferences menu by tapping on the wrench icon in the upper left corner of the screen. (iPad only) »
- Added the ability to access External Video Settings from the external video menu by tapping on the wrench icon in the upper left corner of the screen. (iPad only) »
- Added footer text underneath the OnCue Version in Settings » Menu Settings » Sharing » OnCue to urge users to use the New OnCue version.
- Changed the way the import and export menus found in
Song Reporting and the
OnSong Audio Media Library to be more consistent and include other sources.
- Changed the Playback menu to rearrange controls to place related control adjacent to each other. »
- Changed the Apply Styles screen to visually indicate the currently selected book or set if applicable. »
- Changed the action sheet when editing books to read Edit Book instead of Rename Book to indicate more properties can be edited. »
- Changed sort options to rename Starred to Icon to adapt to multiple shapes and colors. »
- Changed the playback heads-up display to appear before the memory usage heads-up display. »
- Changed the playback heads-up display to include a scrubber, timecode display, volume/pan button and more. »
- Changed the timer heads-up display to display time as negative and in red if outside of the expected duration. »
- Changed the registration screen to not open if a popover menu or modal dialog appears first. »
- Changed the email validate tool during registration to accept top-level domains of up to 6 characters. »
- Changed the MIDI Settings menu to place the enabled toggle at the top of the menu. »
- Changed Settings » Menu Settings » Songs to move International character handling to an International section.
- Changed the scenes menu icon to appear correctly on iOS 6 and earlier. »
- Changed the way creating new sets work to automatically transition to the song picker. »
- Changed the export screen to allow export services and locations to be selected in one popover menu and display the current export location. »
- Changed the export location picker to pick export locations directly in one menu. »
- Changed the Send Diagnostics screen to remove the toolbar and use a table view for easier data entry. »
- Fixed a crash condition when adjusting the MIDI clock adjustment stepper.
- Fixed an issue that caused the middle button of the AirTurn Digit II to not be usable.
- Fixed an issue when importing songs from iTunes File Sharing where previously imported files would not appear as greyed out.
- Fixed an issue where the menu when adding or editing a chord diagram definition becomes too high and wide.
- Fixed an issue with existing song titles or artist names by reprocessing effected records during a library cleanup process.
- Fixed an issue where setting a chord diagram as default would cause it to be deleted from the chord diagram library.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the AirTurn Digit II foot pedal configuration screen to not appear immediately when flip through options.
- Fixed an arrow alignment issue in the user manual index menu by shrinking the size of each row.
- Fixed an issue where if no artist is provided in a list, "Unknown Artist" is displayed instead.
- Fixed an issue that caused chord diagrams to be deleted from the library when setting them to default.
- Fixed an issue where the sticky note format menu is not tall enough if the keyboard is open and the iPad is in landscape orientation.
- Fixed an issue in the print dialog when exporting where you can't close the export screen once started.
- Fixed an issue where the user manual would not appear or partially appear due to changed in how user manual versions are handled.
- Fixed an issue with the responsiveness slider in the audio inputs settings screen.
- Fixed sorting issues with accented characters by implementing a custom collation algorithm. Please test for performance when sorting by title or artist on large song lists.
- Fixed an issue where All Songs and Unbound Songs could not be selected after deleting the last book in the book list.
- Fixed an issue where redirect links would not appear when browsing the user manual.
- Fixed an issue that can cause SongSelect to appear to be logged in which returns no results. This has been changed to redirect the user to the login screen and then waiting for their return.
- Fixed an issue in the drawing add-on that would cause the wrong color to be selected for drawing after undoing a layer.
- Fixed an issue with sensitivity not being changed when the settings are changed.
- Fixed an issue where the repeat button in the Playback menu could not be toggled.
- Fixed an issue where you can't reach the end of a file using the arrow keys in the song editor.
- Fixed an issue where album artwork would appear at double size when picking tracks from the iTunes library.