OnSong 1.9996 was released on July 18, 2016. The following items have been added, changed or fixed:
- This version of OnSong is not compatible with iOS 5.1.1. Due to changes in the development platform from Apple, we are no longer able to directly support iOS 5.1.1 and recommend upgrading to a newer device as soon as possible. For more details, please visit: http://onsongapp.com/ipad1/
- Added the ability to localize chords as Scandinavian which converts "B" to "H" but keeps "Bb" the same. »
- Added the ability to turn off set numbering exporting or emailing.
This can be accomplished in Settings » Menu Settings » Sharing » Export. »
- Added the ability for the Send MIDI action to perform multiple MIDI commands instead of just one. »
- Changed how MIDI commands associated with a song are sent when Playback Sync is enabled.
MIDI commands can be sent when audio is toggled on. »
- Changed the Rewrite Into Key menu in the Song Editor to include a "In minor key" switch. This will allow the user to toggle between the major and relative minor keys when rewriting. »
- Changed the name of Rockin' With The Cross to 1CN Rockin' With The Cross due to rebranding. »
- Changed the text "Autoscroll Continually" to "Autoscroll Through Set" to be more intuitive. »
- Changed the By Artist tab to handle artists separated by semi-colons in addition to commas.
- Changed the "Favorite" icon to change shape to match what has been selected.
- Changed the export/email of song lists where the list will be sorted by the current sort order of the songs menu.
- Changed importing of songs from within the set so that imported songs are added automatically to the selected book and selected in the song picker.
- Changed the backup restoration process to check if a database has become readonly during the process. If so, the user is prompted to restart OnSong to correct this rare issue caused by permissions.
- Changed Spotify integration to now authenticate immediately if a Spotify track is encountered. It will authenticate when the track is played instead of when the track is instantiated.
- Changed the way PDF files are loaded to better handle larger files under iOS 9.3.x.
- Changed LTC Asaph content integration to report song usage.
- Changed OnSong to register for push notifications through our own, hosted backend service for future expansion.
- Changed the Metadata Palette in Console to allow the minor key toggle button to switch between the major and relative minor keys (C becomes Am, etc).
- Changed import functions to not disable OnCue or OnSong Connect while in operation. This had been added to work around issues in iOS which have since been corrected.
- Changed the message that appears when foot pedals are connected and the on-screen keyboard is required to include instructions for how to eject the keyboard.
- Changed the Flurry SDK to the latest version to handle changes in iOS.
- Changed the way analytics are tracked to better serve our users.
- Fixed an issue with Spotify by updating to the latest version of the Spotify SDK.
- Fixed an issue when tapping next/previous song where the incorrect songs would be displayed after changing screen orientation.
- Fixed an issue where video content would be automatically compressed when selected from the user's photo library.
- Fixed an issue where WorshipReady.com songs would not be able to be previewed.
- Fixed an issue when exporting a PDF file when using colon-separated values for title and artist.
- Fixed an issue where PDF files would be generated with blank pages due to a glitch in newer versions of iOS.
- Fixed an issue in the song editor where tapping on an arrow key with the cursor in first space of the text field would cause the screen to scroll to the very bottom of the document.
- Fixed an issue where the chord builder menu would block the arrow keys.
- Fixed an issue where additional spaces would be added to the end of chord lines when converting from bracketed to chords over lyrics.
- Fixed an issue where the Reset Song action was not effecting timeline autoscroll.
- Fixed an issue with text encoding in the Czech version of the sample song.
- Fixed an issue where OnSong would prompt for an upgrade on iOS 10 due to faulty version checking.
- Fixed an issue where the backup restoration progress screen would not be viewable on an iPhone.
- Fixed an issue in Console where toggling capo on certain songs would cause the viewer to appear blank.
- Fixed an issue where songs with a vertical bar would appear inline within the Console even if chord lines are set to be above lyrics.
- Fixed an issue with calculating the bottom navigation zone after a rotation on iOS 7 due to discrepancies on how that version of iOS handles the size of a view controller.
- Fixed an issue with the iPad being closed and reopened in another orientation where the screen does not redraw.
- Fixed an issue where songs are added to a user's library when receiving OnCue or OnSong Connect songs and opening a menu.
- Fixed an issue where redraw when retaining scroll positions is not respecting orientation changes.
- Fixed an issue where MIDI delays were not being retained if set less than one second.
- Fixed an issues where the text of the message was not being recorded into the timeline.
- Fixed an issue where cleaning up a library would cause songs to become unloaded.
- Fixed an issue where cleaning up a library on some imported songs would cause the song title to appear as (null).
- Fixed an issue where imported files would produce no content which can cause issues in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue where stage monitor mode would not properly scale or position when using the set viewport option.
- Fixed an issue with switching background motion videos on Chromecast due to Chromecast only supporting one video tag. Videos will now stop playing and a new video start playing if changed. This results in an unavoidable break in video playback. We recommend using an Apple TV or direct video adapter if planning to stream motion backgrounds.
- Fixed a crash condition on a Chromecast due to multiple video tags being created which is an undocumented limitation of the Google Cast software.
- Fixed an issue in timeline that can cause the screen to scroll outside of its bounds.
- Fixed an issue that would cause erratic scroll positioning when using autoscroll with scroll behavior set to "Jump To Section".
- Fixed an issue when searching for songs by topic and using Swedish characters. This is due to a limitation with the SQLite database engine.
- Fixed a crash condition that occurred when a song with a non-existent external file was emailed.
- Fixed a crash condition when sending a message when playing back a timeline.
- Fixed a translation of the word "key" in Russian.
- Fixed an issue when exporting chord diagrams that cause the filename to be (null)
- Fixed an issue when sorting by icon.
- Fixed an issue where the set was being navigated if scroll behavior is set to Jump To Section.
- Fixed an issue with OnCue where new songs would not be navigated.
- Fixed an issue with metadata printing underneath CCLI SongSelect PDF files.
- Fixed an issue where the next audio track in the set would begin playing even if Playback Continuity is turned off.
- Fixed an issue with Spotify prompting for sign in at inconvenient times by logging in when playback is requested.
- Fixed an issue when loading some types of files that would result in an infinite loop due to measurement changes in recent versions of iOS.
- Fixed an issue so that if you tap on a chord and there are no actions assigned to chord taps, that the section is selected instead.
- Fixed an issue when importing plans from Planning Center where songs were not being properly transposed due to the song being imported again without the original key.
- Fixed an issue when autoscrolling, leaving OnSong and returning where the autoscroll would not function. This is due to recent versions of iOS firing the "willTransitionToSize" method which was causing OnSong to redraw the page in the background, resulting in improper measurements.
- Fixed an issue with scrolling to the bottom of the song when using viewports and navigating through a set due to zoom adjustments to content size.
- Fixed an issue caused by Multipeer Connectivity disconnecting all clients when using OnCue and the client does not reconnect.
- Fixed an issue where the song would go off screen when scrolling quickly using OnCue.
- Fixed an issue with rewrite into key when using double sharps and double flats.
- Fixed a possible crash condition when deleting songs in the songs menu.
- Fixed a possible crash condition when changing external screens and preview size due to invalid screen dimensions.
- Fixed a possible crash condition when caching content if invalid parameters are encountered.
- Fixed a possible crash condition if properties and track counts do not match when preloading tracks.
- Fixed a crash condition that occurs when navigating through sets in stage monitor mode on a first generation iPad mini.
- Removed chords from the WorshipReady.com preview per their request.