OnSong 1.9991 was released on November 17, 2015. This release fixes found issues in the previous release.
- If the Force Enharmonic Preference option is turned on in Settings » Display Settings » Song Formatting » Enharmonic, the song may not transpose. It is recommended to turn this option off since issues with capo and enharmonic preferences has been resolved in the latest version.
- Added the ability to keep OnSong running in the background all the time or never at all. The default is set to keep OnSong running in the background his audio is playing such as the metronome or backing tracks. »
- Added the "Set Viewport" option to the Annotations menu to restore the scroll position, zoom and selected section. This should be used instead of Remember Zoom/Position to avoid issues where the song returns to the end of the song since that was the last known position of the song. This was added to correct a perceived flaw in OnSong's features. »
- Added the ability to set the section behavior when scrolling by section. »
- Removed the ability to set the pitch of the metronome sound. This was done to remove a third party audio component that is incompatible with iOS 8 and higher which was causing the background audio issue. We will address setting the pitch of the metronome in OnSong 2.0. »
- Changed the Video Tutorials screen to provide a link to the OnSong YouTube channel in case users cannot load videos in the app. »
- Changed the Foot Pedals pane in settings to link to the Scrolling Behavior as a child pane instead of duplicating options. »
- Changed the new slider control to "lock" into stepped amounts when tapped on the left or right. For instance, if the underlying value is slid to 17.25, tapping on the right side will move the value to 18 instead of 18.25.
- Changed the way OnSong handles corrupted databases so that it no longer shuffles and backs up SQLite databases. This was causing non-corrupted databases to be marked as corrupted. If a database does become corrupted, it will automatically check the library and prompt the user to fix the library if necessary.
- Changed OnSong Console to respond to section selection when the Follow option is turned on.
- Changed the way the Apply Style screen works to always redraw the loaded songs or set when applying the style to All Songs.
- Changed how restoring an OnSong library works to reindex the library while not clearing the deleted songs list.
- Changed the Spotify integration to warn the user before they sing in that Spotify only works with paid accounts.
- Changed the way filenames of previously imported songs are evaluated to include audio files.
- Changed OnSong to import MP3 files as songs in the All Songs menu if imported from the All Songs menu. These songs will appear even if there are no lyrics associated with the MP3 file. Importing MP3 files from the OnSong Media Library screen or via the "open in" function will not be added to All Songs.
- Changed the "Create Folder" screen to automatically capitalize words.
- Changed OnSong Connect to have tighter restrictions on provisioned content that has lost it's provisioning.
- Changed OnSong Console to only display songs that are provisioned.
- Changed launch images to more closely match current branding.
- Fixed an issue where forward slashes in square brackets disappear when rendering the chord chart.
- Fixed an issue where parenthesis will not appear when placed in square brackets.
- Fixed and issue with the section counts were incorrect when using ChordPro for metadata which could cause section selection to fail on the last section.
- Fixed an issue when creating and importing sets using OnSong Archive files that would cause the set to be empty.
- Fixed an issue in Spotify where the first column of text would be black text on a black background with low light mode enabled.
- Fixed a crash condition when importing from FTP resources.
- Fixed an issue where commented lines that start with an # where appearing.
- Fixed an issue where if the song title starts with a number if was not sorted correctly when sorting by artist.
- Fixed an issue where the song viewer was being returned to the book list after importing from FTP, S3 or WebDAV.
- Fixed a translation error where "sec" was used instead of "pt" in the Dutch language.
- Fixed an issue in the Quick Pick screen where the window would not close if attempted to be closed while the options popover is opened.
- Fixed an issue where songs were being moved into books when the song was loaded in the song viewer while a book is viewed.
- Fixed an issue where you can't delete sticky notes using the icons in iOS 5.
- Fixed an issue that causes PDF creation to crash if Adjusted Whitespace Character is more than one character.
- Fixed an issue where OnSong would report the incorrect IP address for the web socket server if the IP address of the device had changed.
- Fixed an issue with how Greek accents and diacritics were being interpreted for the alphabetic index.
- Fixed an issue where the dash in chords was being removed, causing chords such as A7-9 to not be looked up properly.
- Fixed an issue where Spotify would attempt to login when not connected to the Internet.
- Fixed an issue that would cause songs to be assigned to the last-known default book when importing and restoring a library.
- Fixed an issue with text overlapping and sizing in the settings screen.
- Fixed an issue that would keep OnSong running in the background which would cause battery drain.
- Fixed an issue in the OnSong Console where tapping on a chord would not display any chord diagrams in the diagram palette.
- Fixed an issue with how the section indicator is displaying in the OnSong Console.
- Fixed an issue where links in the in-app manual would not work for soft links.
- Fixed an issue where users could not import chord diagram or lights files from email or other apps.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling down on a host device would cause the slave device to scroll but would not scroll the slave device's stage monitor output.
- Fixed an issue when using an external keyboard in the song editor that causes the text to jump and arrow keys to display incorrectly.
- Fixed the way audio tracks are processed to more immediately assign tracks to the selected song in the set and work forwards and backwards from that point.
- Fixed an issue where slashes are not appearing in OnSong Console.
- Fixed an issue where a single hyphenated word containing a vowel (eg. four-a-clock) will be detected as a chord.
- Fixed an issue with the playback duration not updating properly in the playback heads-up display.
- Fixed an issue in the playback heads-up display where if a song is playing and you go to another song, it displays the pause icon. Pressing it then pauses the previous song but does not appear as a play icon.
- Fixed an issue in the metronome where switching from 4/4 time to 2/4 time does not change the down beat.
- Fixed an issue where the bottom bar of the foot pedal setup screen would disappear after viewing another screen.
- Fixed a potential crash condition when an undefined value is retrieved from an object.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition by over-releasing an unused color property in the song.
- Fixed a potential crash caused when iOS does not return a peer identifier for peer to peer wireless communication.
- Fixed an issue in OnSong Console where the Edit restriction was not being responded. OnSong now prevents the content of the song from being edited, however other changes can be made and saved such as changing styles or chords.
- Fixed a bug where the highlight colors in OnSong Console would not be 50% opaque as required by default.
- Fixed an issue where a PDF file does not respect the Flow settings of the song when downloaded from OnSong Console.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition that can occur when a set list is saved and a song does not contain an identifier.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition caused by no destination path being specified for a Dropbox upload request.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition that can occur when viewing the song list if the list changes while being scrolled.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition caused when attempting to scroll to a song in the song list when data load operation is in progress.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition caused by networking errors in iOS 9 for older peer-to-peer networking protocols by trapping the exception.
- Fixed a rare, potential crash condition when rotating the device where determining autoscroll status fails.