OnSong 1.997 was released on June 23, 2015. This release contains the following corrections, changes and new features:
ChordPro formatted chord charts are displaying the "t:" or "title:" in the heads-up display area of the interface. Making changes to these songs in the song editor is causing this to become permanent in the song list.
The workaround is to use the OnSong file format for the title and subtitle by placing them on the first and second lines of the text file. All other elements can remain the same. We are working to release a fix as quickly as possible.
- When using Console, there chords are not being formatted when using Chords Over Lyrics. The current workaround is to switch to Bracketed Chords to view the formatting in Console.
- Added the ability to control DMX lighting in Scenes using the ArtNet protocol. »
- Added support for the BT-106 by tapping on the module in the middle of the AirTurn DUO and QUAD screens. »
- Added the ability to change the loop/repeat and playback speed of videos for motion backgrounds. »
- Added the ability to change settings in live bar menus on the iPhone and iPod touch.
- Added the ability to switch sections of a song using MIDI triggers. »
- Added the ability to only send messages over OnSong Connect by providing an option to not receive song content in the My Profiles screen. »
- Added the ability to import audio files from PCO so that they are automatically associated with the corresponding chord charts. »
- Added the ability to set a delay when changing section to allow the proper section to be selected before MIDI, scenes or lyrics are changed. »
- Added the ability to search for songs by song number. »
- Added the ability to copy a link in the social share menu. »
- Added the option to draw with white ink which can be used to whiteout parts of a PDF file. »
- Added the ability to playback audio in left, right or both. »
- Added the ability to use one-based values (1-128) when displaying MIDI information on the screen. »
- Added the ability to view a setup video and manual for the new BT-106 transceiver.
- Changed the way menu pads in the live bar work to allow tapping under the number to decrease the value.
- Changed the action sheet when editing sets to read Edit Set instead of Rename Set to indicate more properties can be edited.
- Changed the live bar menus to omit the black border to be more consistent and to resolve an issue in iOS 7 where row content was being visually restricted.
- Changed the backing tracks live bar menu to include higher resolution album artwork.
- Changed the way the settings screens work to allow the Cancel button to undo any changes that were made instead of just closing.
- Changed the MIDI index system to "take it from the top" if the MIDI index is received when the song is already being viewed.
- Changed the triggers section of settings to move delays to its own section under Navigation Settings » Delays.
- Changed Dropbox errors to display in English instead of an error code.
- Changed the way ZIP files are imported to always display an update, duplicate and skip screen assuming that one of the files may require this setting without first downloading and extracting the ZIP file.
- Changed the way groups and lights are sorted in the scenes editor to be in alphabetic order.
- Changed the way sets and songs work to allow switching away from a set to a song and be returned back.
- Changed the audio picker so that it does not open the menu upon foot pedal press if no song is selected.
- Changed the foot pedal configuration screen to remove wires from the AirTurn DUO to match both old and new models.
- Fixed a crash condition when listing some MP3 files due to how the image data was stored.
- Fixed an issue in Console where pushing the left arrow key in the metadata palette will delete the text below the metadata section.
- Fixed an issue with chord charts appearing as NULL from PCO due to insufficient PCO privileges. This was corrected by addressing the issue with Planning Center and implementing a change they made to their API.
- Fixed issues when importing PCO content to correctly handle updating, duplicating or skipping content.
- Fixed an issue when importing PCO chord charts that did not properly output metadata like the CCLI number.
- Fixed an issue where MIDI SysEx data was not sending properly on wired interfaces.
- Fixed an issue that can cause the tempo found in a metadata tag to override a setting made in a livebar menu when the song is loaded again.
- Fixed an issue in the Console when using mid-song key changes that caused the song not to render.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling by section would not allow scrolling the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed an issue to resolve "bouncing" when running OnCue or OnSong Connect slave while also running lyrics projection.
- Fixed an issue in iOS 8 where the metronome will cease to function if you sleep the device and wake it back up.
- Fixed an issue in the Add To OnSong extension that would not import content if a filename could not be generated.
- Fixed an issue where the first song in a set was not receiving the Song Change trigger action.
- Fixed an issue where an old backup file that contained a lyrics projection background image could prevent proper restoration of the backup file.
- Fixed an issue where import JPEG images that are landscape orientation would not properly be identified as a document.
- Fixed an issue where files that contain periods like Y.M.C.A..pdf would not import with a proper song title.
- Fixed an issue where "Import Settings" was not being translated into other languages.
- Fixed an issue that can cause duplicate chords to be added to the chord library if they are not formed correctly.
- Fixed an issue where chord lines continue to add lines when converting between bracketed chords and chords over lyrics when two chord lines are adjacent to each other.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor was not being placed correctly before the keyboard appeared in the song editor.
- Fixed an issue with line formatting when a color was combined with repeating characters such as a underscore for creating colored lines.
- Fixed an issue with scenes when connecting Philips hue bridges.
- Fixed an issue where if the library is cleaned up, the filenames of imported files that were converted to text are stripped resulting in duplicate files being imported from the lack of visual reinforcement.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Chromecast from changing background images.
- Fixed an issue where images would appear upside down when cropped for thumbnails in the media library.
- Fixed an issue where sequences would not stop in scenes when changing the sequence or making edits.
- Fixed an issue where minor chords are not becoming lowercased when Lowercase Minor Chords is turned on.
- Fixed some issues in the Scenes bridge editor when managing bridges.
- Fixed an issue where the chord inspector would only display four instrument tabs and a more option under iOS 8.3.
- Fixed an issue with MIDI clock drifting when the device is under load.
- Fixed an issue with the metronome accuracy when the device is under load.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the song editor to scroll erratically when the keyboard appears.
- Fixed an issue where ZIP files where appearing as backup files instead of ZIP files.
- Fixed an issue that would cause album artwork to appear upside in some cases.
- Fixed an issue when choosing a settings section using an iPhone that would result with improper scrolling.
- Fixed an issue where the settings icon found in live bar menus would appear dimmed on non-Retina displays.
- Fixed an issue in iOS 8.4 where opening the iTunes track picking screen would cause foot pedals to disconnect.
- Fixed an issue where the metronome would cease to work after the device goes to sleep.
- Fixed an issue that would cause backing tracks to stop when returning from the settings screen or reopening the app due to the audio system restarting to apply settings.
- Fixed an issue where the icon does not appear for MIDI Song Select events.
- Fixed an issue where applying styles to all songs can cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue when exporting HTML files that caused the chords to not be properly aligned above lyrics.