OnSong 1.996 was released on April 20, 2015. This release contains the following corrections, changes and new features:
- Added the ability to adjust the timecode of events in the timeline manager by tapping on the Edit button and then tapping on the event. »
- Added the ability to playback audio files in a set one after another. This can be setup in the Set Editor with the default value set in Settings » Live Settings » Audio Playback » Audio Playback Continuity.
- Added the ability to change settings in the audio track picker menu. »
- Added the ability to change settings in the linear autoscroll menu. »
- Added the ability to change settings in the metronome menu. »
- Added the ability to change the time signature of the song in the metronome menu. »
- Added the ability to view information about the current OnSong Connect host using the "myself" call.
- Added the ability for third-party web hooks to be registered and send information to trusted web servers.
- Changed the default OnCue version back to using the new OnCue version unless you're using iOS 5 or iOS 6 to avoid vast memory utilization bugs in iOS 8.
- Changed the location of recorded crash logs into the OnSong library so we can review them when diagnostics are received.
- Changed the backup and restore process to handle improper file entries.
- Changed the metronome to improve performance.
- Changed the MIDI clock to improve performance.
- Changed the location of "Audio" and "Autoscroll" sections in Settings » Live Settings » Live Bar into options in Settings » Live Settings for faster access and higher visible.
- Changed the location of "Use my songs in OnCue" from Settings » Live Settings » Live Bar into Settings » Menu Settings » Sharing to maintain consistency.
- Changed the way tracks appear in the live bar menu to adjust for longer titles and larger fonts sizes in iOS 8.
- Changed list section headers to blur underlying text in iOS 8.
- Fixed an issue where iOS 8 devices would not release an object when sleeping and waking the device which would cause a memory overrun when using the old version of OnCue.
- Fixed a crash caused by a hang that happens when the AirTurn Framework attempts to connect to CoreBluetooth devices.
- Fixed an issue that causes a crash when attempting to link an existing SongSelect PDF file if the user had not signed into SongSelect previously.
- Fixed an issue where if you have an audio trigger set to autoscroll and autoscroll trigger set to audio, an infinite recursion occurs which locks up the app.
- Fixed an issue that still caused F to appear as E# if the chord was an accidental. E# will now only appear if the key contains a sharp.
- Fixed an issue where picking a scene when one had already been picked would cause a crash.
- Fixed a crash condition when using ChordVault on iOS 5.1.1.
- Fixed an issue where some lists would appear "jumbled" on iOS 7 due to changes made for iOS 8 compatibility.
- Fixed an issue where you can create a library with a blank name which causes blank libraries to be created.
- Fixed an issue when creating a library with the name of one that was already created.
- Fixed an issue where the web hook list does not function in the OnSong Connect API.
- Fixed an issue where the timeline is not being saved to the library.
- Fixed a performance issue when sorting by most popular or last played.
- Fixed an issue when exporting PDF files from the share menu where the song flow is not respected.
- Fixed an issue where exported files to iTunes file sharing are not overwriting existing files.
- Fixed an scrolling issue when performing half-page scrolling on PDF and other file formats.
- Fixed an issue in the backup restore process that would not restore media.
- Fixed an issue where importing media files were duplicated in the OnSong library folder.
- Fixed an issue where the custom settings screen would not close in iOS 5.
- Fixed an issue where iOS 5 devices used for OnSong Connect were not sending their URL properly causing connection issues.
- Fixed issues with OnSong Connect and OnCue that cause bouncing when scrolling by section.
- Updated the Chromecast SDK to the latest version for more reliable scanning and the ability to filter by devices that support lyrics projection.