OnSong 1.988 was released on July 13, 2014 and fixes the following issues.
- New! Added the ability to rename and reorder gears in OnSong Shift.
- New! Added the ability to import media files via the OnSong Connect.
- New! OnSong Connect API calls to access and modify video settings as well as access the media library.
- New! Web sockets interface when the OnSong Connect server is running. This can allow web applications to receive push messages from the server.
- Changed the song editor to allow chords over lyrics along with curly braces. This allows the user to mix and match between the OnSong and ChordPro formats.
- Changed the OnSong Connect documentation to include chord library, media and video settings as well as updating some properties for songs.
- Fixed an issue when importing a set from Planning Center would cause the "All Songs" tab toolbars to become non-functional, requiring the app to be restarted.
- Fixed an issue related to blackout mode that would display a background image when blackout was turned off, even though no background image was displayed prior to the blackout.
- Fixed issues with external video where changing one setting was sending duplicative notifications.
- Fixed an image where the gradient color cannot be changed due to the gradient image being cached.
- Fixed an issue that caused the play button to need to be tapped twice to start a song once the song finishes to completion.
- Fixed an issue with transposed key information not being saved which caused issues when setting a key on a duplicate song in a set.
- Fixed an issue with audio playback not setting the volume correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the user can still edit the song using the action menu in All Songs or My Sets.
- Fixed an issue with changing the key of non-text song file like a PDF. The key could not be changed once set and now it can.
- Fixed an issue with autoscroll starting with the "Song Change" trigger in conjunction with autoscroll continually.
- Fixed an issue with chord chart lines overlapping when combining "intro text" with inline notation chords.
- Fixed an issue where the key of a song was being set when creating new song. This causes the transposed key to not be reset when the song has been editing. This was corrected by removing the transposed key before opening the song editor.
- Fixed an issue where the text view was not redrawing correctly after using the metadata editor or text tools menu.
- Fixed an issue found where the play button would need to be tapped twice when the audio behavior it "play/stop" and fading is turned off when playing local music assets.
- Fixed an issue with setting the master device volume that can cause the volume indicator to remain on the screen.
- Fixed an issue with music playback where the song would continue playing where left off when using the "play/store" audio behavior. Changing from "Play/Pause" to "Play/Stop" when viewing the same set will exhibit this behavior and you may need to reload the set to reset the players.
- Fixed an issue where the new settings screen was in Norwegian when the language was set to Swedish.
- Fixed audio playback issues where playing using the device's player was causing the audio live bar button to not react properly resulting in the inability to stop songs, or requiring the play button to be pressed twice.
- Fixed an issue when importing a set from PCO that caused the My Sets tab of the Songs menu to display two levels of the set's song list.
- Fixed an issue where turning off the Capo for external display was not truly turning the capo off. This has been corrected and should also apply to OnSong Connect profiles.
- Fixed a crash condition on startup caused by the background media being set on a thread other than the main queue.
- Fixed an issue where video thumbnails do not display right away with newly uploaded files until clicked in the media picker.