OnSong 1.971 was released on October 24, 2013. It is an incremental update to improve performance and fix bugs.
- Fixed issues with external documents not loading at all in iOS 7 until refreshed. This is caused by the new web view component in iOS 7 failing to load documents.
- Fixed an issue where the sticky note on the default song in OnSong would not appear due to changes in how iOS 7 handle creation of fonts that are not specified.
- Fixed a major issue where French and Swedish users could not open OnSong due to changes in Xcode's localization bundling that would not allow a fallback to the English resources. This was fixed by adding French and Swedish resources such as the default database.
- Fixed an issue where "gremlin" characters are displaying in iOS 7. These are now removed when saving from the song editor and when importing the document. This caused incorrect characters to appear on the screen as well as songs not sorting properly.
- Fixed and issue where the toolbar would become misaligned in the set folder creation process under iOS 7.
- Fixed an issue with external files not appearing on the external display when they appear on the iPad and vice versa. This is caused by an apparent change in threading while loading documents in iOS 7. This has solved by delaying the loading of the external documents by about 1 second.
- Fixed an issue where if you print or export a PDF where one of the documents is in the landscape orientation, it's contents would be cropped. PDF documents are not exported "as-is" into the PDF document.
- Fixed an issue where adding a sticky note to a song would cause the same song to be displayed on both positions in external stage monitors.
- Fixed an issue where applying styles to all songs when one song is selected would open the last opened set when completed.
- Fixed some issues when loading sets containing multiple external files, especially when changing the tempo quickly.
- Fixed an issue where if you have a chord chart with no chords (lyrics only), but have tablature turned on and the chord diagrams are to be placed above the lyrics, a large. blank space it allotted for chord incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where a duplicate song would not allow the set to be traversed using a foot pedal.
- Fixed an issue where importing lyrics (text-only) from SongSelect after tapping on the "Download" button in their interface would cause the lyrics overwrite the previous song's lyrics.
- Made the "Update Now" alert optional. You can disable it for a while update now.
- Updated language files.
- Added support for Japanese and Finnish users.
- Added the ability to import ZIP files from email or Safari. These perform a multiple import. This does not work in iOS 7 as it will open the ZIP file and allow it's contents to be browsed.
- Added the ability to change the volume of the metronome in Settings --> Metronome --> Audio Settings.
- Added the ability to change the pitch of the metronome in Settings --> Metronome --> Audio Settings.
- Added the ability to map a foot pedal, hot corner or navigation zone to "Mute Metronome", temporarily turning off the audio (but not the visuals)