OnSong 1.954 was released on August 28, 2012 and offers many bug fixes, performance and stability updates.
Below is a full list of what has been changed in this release.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash on startup when running on iOS 4 devices.
- Fixed a bug that caused OnSong to crash when selecting songs to export.
- Fixed the metronome to be accurate.
- Fixed an issue when opening a menu from the live bar on an iPhone or iPod touch.
If you had the menubar hidden, you couldn't escape from the menu.
- Fixed an issue where songs would mingle in other books.
- Fixed an issue where lyrics would overlap the footer text when outputting PDF files or printing.
- Fixed some issues when adding chords in the tablature editor on an iPhone or iPod touch.
- Fixed an issue when autoscrolling documents when the positioned and zoomed.
Settings » Display Settings » Remember Zoom/Position » On
- Fixed an issue when opening editors from the Utilities menu when accessed from the songs menu.
This includes the Add-Ons menu, Tablature Editor and MIDI Editor.
- Fixed an issue where a set would sometimes not send successfully to another device using the Beam function.
- Fixed an issue in the Open In screen where the popover for selecting an app would remain visible
even if the Cancel button were tapped, causing a crash.
- Fixed issues with selecting songs in the current book when exporting from the "+" button in the songs menu.
- Fixed an issue with titling the export screen when accessed from the "+" button in the songs menu.
- Fixed an issue in the help menu regarding drilling up and back down into help topics
when multiple taps were required to drill down.
- Fixes inconsistencies when settings the tempo and scroll duration via the menu bar.
It now includes more immediate feedback when the metronome or autoscroll are in progress.
- Fixed an issue where you could not set a foot pedal to "None" when using the AirTurn foot pedal driver.
- Fixed an issue with autoscrolling that, if an audio track was not selected, and audio was triggered by autoscroll, OnSong would prompt for a track. Now it will simply not play a track.
- Fixed an issue with how MIDI bank select messages were being sent. MSB and LSB are now sent as separate commands followed by program change. I could really use some feedback on this for any MIDI users out there.
- Fixed an issue with exporting books so that they export in the proper order and there are no duplicates.
- Fixed some issues with the Open In screen to avoid crashes and to help it work on iOS 4.
- Changed the default renderer version back to "original" after a few reported issues and issues with zooming out.
- Changed the export and email screens to provide options in the an "options" toolbar.
This allows all options to be available on the iPhone, is more visible and provides room for expansion.
- Changed metronome settings to include a "Visual Settings" section that configures the blink color as well as the thickness and opacity of the visual metronome on external screens.
- Changed the "preview" icon when searching the Internet and Rockin' With The Cross
so that it appears when using low light mode.
- New trick: tap on the title of the songs menu to scroll immediately back to the top of the list.
- There's now the ability to stop the metronome after a certain number of measures.
Configurable under Settings » Metronome » Stop Metronome
- We've added some more sounds for the metronome. Check out Hi Hat and Snare, Hi Hat Open/Close and Claves.
- Added a new layer of protection to prevent OnSong from running on unauthorized devices.
- You can now optionally output the song title and artist name on printed output.
- You can now disable the foot pedal from navigating sets from song to song.
Settings » Foot Pedal Controls » Scrolling Behavior » Disable Set Navigation
- For those with music that can't wait, you can now continuously autoscroll through your set.
Settings » Live Bar Options » Autoscroll Continually
- Added the ability to importing downloaded lyrics in the SongSelect screen.
- Added localized buttons for selecting external display mode in the external video menu.
- Updated metric values for margins to be consistent and more accurate.
- Updated the Czech translation.
- Updated language files for new words and phrases.